Readers often ask me what I’m working on right now. I hope that’s because they’re anxious to read more of my stories! For those of you who may also be wondering what new work Colin Nelson is doing, here’s what is in store.
- My major project is writing the second book in the Pete Chandler series. My wife and I were in Ecuador, Peru, and Machu Picchu last fall. Both countries are stunning in different ways. The new book will be set there. After Pete receives a note from an old friend who also works at the Ex/Im Bank in Ecuador asking for Pete’s help, he decides to go. Before he can leave, Pete learns of his friend’s death in a strange situation. Now, Pete’s really anxious to solve the mystery. Once in Ecuador, he discovers the friend was involved in some shady business deals. Lots of shady people want to get their money back and think Pete knows something—so they come after him. I’m hoping this will be out by the fall.
- I’m putting together an anthology of Colin Nelson’s short stories. A writer friend of mine, Libby Fisher Hellman, said, “writing a novel is like a marriage; writing a short story is like having an affair.” I better not comment on that except to say that I’m have a lot of fun writing the stories. They contain a variety of characters and crimes. In one story, the main character from THE AMYGDALA HIJACK, lawyer Ted Rohrbacher takes on another impossible case: a teenage girl is accused of murdering her camp counselor but says she’s innocent. Another story called, Eat, Pray, and Maybe Die, is about an employee who hosts a brunch for work friends including their hated boss. The host would love to kill the boss . . . .does he? I’m looking forward to the anthology’s publication sometime this summer.
- Of course, all my books are available in print or ebook, Kindle, Nook, or at Smashwords. I’ve reduced the prices for a short time on some of these gripping stories. Check out Colin Nelson on any of the following sites: Amazon— http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/185-8722557-4552726?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=colin+nelson Barnes&Noble— http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/colin+nelson?_requestid=562872 Smashwords-– https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/colintnelson Kobo— https://store.kobobooks.com/search?Query=colin+nelson
- I’m also exploring the possibility of creating audio books for my novels. It’s one more way readers an enjoy the stories of Colin Nelson while they’re active doing something else, like driving or exercising.
- any suggestions you have are always appreciated. Do you think readers would like the choice of audio books??